Professor Marc Battier, from the Music Department of the School of Arts of Shenzhen University (China), is recruiting one scientific researcher fellow for his research team. Due to the research needs of the research team, we would like to recruit an aspiring young researcher.
The scientific researcher fellow will participate in the setting up, development and daily operations of the following research activities of the Team of the Music Innovation Centre:
1- Develop research projects based at Shenzhen University and serving the music and musicology communities, such as the EMSAN database.
* verify existing entries, correct and augment whenever relevant;
* create new entries;
* contact other members of the network regarding the database to collect information;
2- Take part in the installation and operation of the research in computer music Laboratory.
3- Interface with all departments of Shenzhen University, including Normal College, on questions relevant to the activities and projects from the research team in music innovation.
4- Maintain daily operations of the Team of the Music Innovation Centre.
5- Translate from English to Chinese a textbook for students of the Music Department of Normal Collage and classes of prof. Battier.
6- Help translate from Chinese to English articles written by faculty members and graduate students of the Music Department of Normal College.
7- Take part in applications to national and provincial projects.
8- Take part in the organization of concerts, festivals and conferences.
– The candidate will have a Ph.D. or DMA in music composition from a major university or conservatory or will shortly receive her or his doctorate degree.
– Chinese language: native
– English language: fluent
– Organisational skills: the candidate will have taken part in the organization of major music events
– Technical and scientific skills: the candidate will have been fully trained and will have practiced techniques and theory of electronic and computer music
The position may be extended by two years after the first three years.
Salary is at the level of Assistant Professor of Shenzhen University.
How to apply
1) Send a CV in English and in Chinese to email@example.com
2) Enter your application online at: