23 Dec 2021
CSS EGM Updates: Formation of Board of Advisors
The Composers Society of Singapore (CSS) conducted its EGM online for all CSS Members on 09 Dec 2021 (Th) 8:00 PM. A total of 15 members (including proxies) were present at the EGM.
Formation of Board of Advisors
The CSS membership has approved the formation of the Board of Advisors (BOA) to support the society in its mission and initiatives, and assist with long-term strategising as an independent, unbiased advising body. The BOA consists of 4 external members:
- Ferdinand (‘Ferry’) DE BAKKER
- Valarie WILSON
- Amy TEO
- Sara FANG
as well as 2 representatives from CSS EXCO:
- HOH Chung Shih (CSS President)
- DE SILVA Alicia Joyce (CSS Vice-President)
Ferdinand (‘Ferry’) DE BAKKER
- Adjunct Lecturer at NTU’s Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information
- Council member at the Singapore Institute of Directors, Chairman of the Holgur Watch Company, former Chairman of Cognac Grosperrin in France, and Managing Director of La Croisette, a boutique consulting firm
- Serves on boards and/or committees of various non-profits in Singapore
- Had a 20 year long career at the international public relations firm Burson-Marsteller as Country Manager and later CEO of its European and Asia-Pacific operations
- Has written for various publications on education, corporate communication and lifestyle topics in the Netherlands, the UK, France and Singapore
- Heavily involved in music and arts education
- Directs the Anglo-Chinese Junior College Alumni Choir, which participates in concert presentations, recording projects and community programmes
- Regularly works with composers to commission new choral work
- Has over 20 years of broad-based experience across various sectors in the Healthcare, Training & Development, Human Resources Management and Social Services Sector
- Has worked in a government-linked organisation, professional institution, foundation and charity organisation
- Currently Director for People and Corporate Service in the National Volunteer and Philanthropy Centre (NVPC)
- 20-year arts administration career in Singapore and New York
- Has leased and managed arts galleries, dispensed programming grants, organized outreach and education engagements that reached a diverse audience, tag-teamed with artists to produce interesting works, project managed with budgets big and small (and timelines to match!), and mentored younger colleagues in the field.
- Specific to composers and new music, she has worked with and presented creators from myriad genres including Tan Dun, Steve Reich (and the London Sinfonietta), Nico Muhly, Herbie Hancock, Ryuichi Sakamoto, PJ Harvey, St Vincent, Angelique Kidjo, The Steve McQueens, Chok Kerong, just to name a few.
Thank you to all who attended and voted at EGM 2021!