05 Jan 2021
Call for Scores: Da_sh editions 1st International Composition Competition (solo piano works)
Deadline: 15 Feb 2021 (M) (23:59 Madrid time)
Entry Fee: EUR 30 for 1st piece, EUR 10 for each subsequent piece
Results: 15 Mar 2021 (M)
Da_sh editions, together with Da_sh recordings, are promoting a new composition competition for works for piano solo. The aim of the competition is to discover new works and talented composers in order to promote their pieces through the realization of a new printed edition together with a new professional recording of the winning work.
The jury of the competition is formed by composers and staff from Da_sh editions together with pianist Duncan GIFFORD.
- Composers of any age and nationality are welcome to participate.
- Composers who already have works printed by Da_sh editions are NOT eligible.
- Composers must be 18 or over at the time of application.
- Compositions for piano solo only, in any style, duration and year of composition are allowed.
- Preparation of the piano is allowed.
- The use of electronics is allowed (fixed or live electronics; 2 channels only).
- Compositions that won a previous prize, were performed publicly or non-professionally recorded are allowed.
- Compositions already published or with a professional recording (CD or Digital Album) are NOT allowed.
- Submitted scores can be handwritten, but must be perfectly readable. Unreadable scores will be unconsidered.
- If the winning piece uses electronics, the audio file for the electronics or patch for live electronics must be immediately provided by the composer when requested.
The composer of the winning composition will receive:
- EUR 500 in cash prize;
- Edition of the piece by Da_sh editions (optional);
- Recording of the piece by Da_sh recordings in September 2021 with pianist Duncan Gifford, to be included in a new Digital Album (Reflections II) distributed in Spotify, iTunes and Amazon.
- Additional prizes might be granted according to jury decisions.
- The jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
- By signing the application form, the winning composer gives the permission to record the winning piece, without any further compensation for it. She/he will nevertheless maintain their copyright of the work.
- Score in PDF format (anonymous, with the name of the piece only)
- Application form filled in and signed (Download the application from the website, link below).
- An mp3 recording of the piece. MIDI realizations are accepted.
- A short commentary of the piece (PDF format).
- A copy of a valid ID or Passport (PDF format).
- Payment of the entry fee. Every composer is free to send as many pieces as wished. The first entrance has a fee of EUR 30. Additional entries have a fee of EUR 10 (Send one application for each entry). See the organiser’s website for more details (link below).
- The entry fee can be paid through PayPal or credit card.
- All this requested items must be sent by mail to: info[at]dash-music[dot]eu with subject: Composition competition 2020/21 in order to fulfill the application.
- The Deadline is 15 Feb 2021 (M) 23:59 Madrid time. All applications must be sent before this deadline and the according fees paid.
- Results will be announced by 15 Mar 2021 (M) by mail to each participant and at the organiser’s website.
- For enquiries please contact info[at]dash-music[dot]eu .
Banner photo from the organiser’s website.