08 Nov 2019
Call for Scores: 2020 DOT THE LINE: heart
Dot The Line just announced their Call-For-Scores for the 2020 Festival Dot The Line: heart (心, 마음). CSS member Emily Koh will be one of the composers-in-residence, as well as a bassist in 2020. In addition, CSS member Chua Jon Lin was one of the selected composers from the Call-For-Scores in the 2019 Festival.
Festival Dates and Locations:
28-29 May 2020 (Th-F) *subject to change
Ewha Womans University and Ilshin Hall *subject to change
- Composers of any nationality and age are encouraged to apply.
- All submissions should be no longer than 15 minutes in duration.
- Works composed after 2014 are eligible.
- Previously performed compositions are eligible.
- Works of any style, aesthetic, and notation and electro-acoustics (fixed media and live electronics) will be accepted.
- No submission fee, but if selected, composers are expected to register and pay the registration fee USD70 by 31 Mar 2020 (Tu)
Composition Submission Guidelines:
- Submissions will only be accepted online (link below)
- Submission Deadline: 15 Feb 2020 (Sa)
- Each composer may submit 1 work.
- Submissions should include links to a legible score and recording. MIDI is acceptable.
Instrumentation Category with or without electronics: *Use listed percussion instruments ONLY
- percussion (see link below for list of percussion instruments)
- any duo combination of percussion, saxophone, violin, cello, double bass, piano
Trio or larger ensemble
- any combination of percussion, saxophone, violin, cello, double bass, piano (any combination)
Robert McCormick (percussion), Doug O’Connor (saxophone), Eunmi Ko (piano), Yu-fang Chen (violin), Yeil Park (cello), Emily Koh (double bass)
Selected composers will be notified individually via email by 15 Mar 2020 (Su).