30 Apr 2020
Call for Proposals: “Resonates With” at NGS
The Composers Society of Singapore (“CSS”) is hosting a call for proposals for “Resonates With”, a series of performances of music by living Singaporean or Singapore-based composers, held at the National Gallery Singapore (NGS).
- We are curating programs for the events as below:
- Rooftop Commission: Cao Fei: 26 July 2020 (Su)
More information about the work, 浮槎 Fú Chá can be found in the link below.
- Each program will be performed three times that day at the following times:
- 2 PM – 2.30 PM
- 3 PM – 3.30 PM
- 4 PM – 4.30 PM
- Selected proposals will receive a modest fee to aid in production/musician/composer etc. costs
- You may propose programs that last approximately 30 min in length, and each program must include at least one work by a living Singaporean or Singapore-based composer
- Backup plans in case the Gallery is closed to the public:
- Should we all be able to physically enter the Gallery, the event will take place at the roof garden and will be live-streamed. If so, there only needs to be performed once.
- Should we not be able to physically enter the Gallery, the team should perform and live-stream the program from their homes/studios. The Gallery will make the necessary arrangements to host this on one of their social media platforms.
- Applications will be considered from any composer, performer or creative collaborator, as long as at least one person on the project team is a CSS full member, student member or associate member.
- A proposal (no more than 1 page) should include:
- How the program relates to the program’s theme/artwork
- The approximate duration of your proposed program
- Programs should be approximately 30 min in length
- The composers, works and performers for the program
- Each program must include at least one work by a living Singaporean or Singapore-based composer
- Links to audio samples (if any)
- Supplementary materials
- 50-word biographies for each program personnel (or ensemble biography where appropriate)
- High resolution headshots for each program personnel (or ensemble photograph where appropriate)
Send your proposal and supplementary materials in PDF format to:
composerssocietyofsingapore [at] gmail [dot] com
by 30 May 2020 (Sa). Your email title should be “Call for Proposals: 26 July 2020 at NGS”.
Banner photo taken from National Gallery Singapore’s website.