19 Dec 2019
Call for Application: 2020 International Gugak Workshop (Seoul, SK)
22 Jun 2020 – 3 Jul 2020 (M-F, 2 weeks)
National Gugak Center (Seoul, Korea)
Application Deadline: 7 Feb 2020 (F)
Acceptance Notification: 28 Feb 2020 (F)
The National Gugak Center will be organising the 2020 International Gugak Workshop in June at the National Gugak Center in Seoul, Korea. The program consists of lectures on various elements of Gugak, instrumental lessons, concert, etc. Up to 17 participants will be accepted.
This workshop comprises of lectures on Korean traditional music, instruments lessons, concerts, composition workshop, etc. The 2020 workshop curriculum will be based on 2019 workshop curriculum and the participants’ fields of interest.
- Round-trip flights (economy class) from the airport near the participant’s place of residence to Seoul (Incheon airport).
- Participants should buy their own flight tickets and the Center will reimburse the flight fare during the first week of the workshop in June 2020 and
- There is a limit to the maximum amount the Center reimburses as below.
- Asia: 600,000 KRW
- Oceania: 1,600,000 KRW
- North America: 1,800,000 KRW
- Europe & Middle East: 1,200,000 KRW
- Latin America, Africa: 2,000,000 KRW
- Hotel Accommodation
- Scholars in the fields of ethnomusicology, musicology and music education, etc.
- Music professionals including composers, producers, music festival coordinators, etc.
- Applicant must be fluent in English and has foreign citizenship in a country outside Korea.
- Applicant must be able to participate all the activities in the schedule.
- Application Form (link below)
- Recommendation Letter(s)
- Links of representative works (such as YouTube, website, etc.), scores, etc. – Not mandatory.
How to apply
- Fill out attached application form and send it to gugakwon[at]gmail[dot]com along with CV.
- Your recommenders should email their letters directly to the organisers.
- Your email title should be “Workshop Application“. The organisers will then send you a confirmation email within a week after receiving your email.
- If you do not receive confirmation, please forward your application to: email@example.com.
Photo from National Gugak Center’s Facebook page.